Search This Blog

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Thug Life

Of all the hobbies I dabble in, I probably do cross stitch the least. A lot of what I want to stitch is either inappropriate to hang in a home with young children or Halloween-themed. Also, I'm terrible about getting frames for the finished product. I have a pretty great sugar skull cross stitch that I completed a few years ago and it took me at least another year to remember to get a frame for it. 

Cute, right?
I still haven't hung it up lol. 

Anyway, I've recently started to do cross stitch again because a friend of mine (male, 20's) mentioned liking the cross stitch patterns that look old fashioned but say something unexpected.  His favorite was "Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta" and I was thrilled. FINALLY someone appreciates weird cross stitch! For his birthday I made him this: 


Look, I even found a cool frame lol!

My friend gave every indication that he loved the strange gift so I made him this for Christmas:


Well, I began it before Christmas with every intention of giving it to him then, but I didn't actually finish it until like a week ago. I always forget that I'm tired and busy around the holidays and that it's a bad time to try to do time-consuming projects. So yeah, it still lacks a frame. I'm going to try to get one this weekend because I know me - if I don't do it now, I will just hold on to the piece for another month... year... decade... 

I have one more cross stitch project in the works, at least 5 unfinished crochet projects, a painting I want to complete for my husband, and countless other projects in various stages all over my craft room. I have a fertile imagination and hands that like to create but I don't always have the time, materials, or know-how required lol. From now on, I'll post them here when I finish them. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment