Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Day 6 - 30 Day Writing Challenge

Day 6 - 5 Ways to Win Your Heart




Hmm, an interesting topic. 

1. Be a nice person. Lavish love on babies and animals. Listen to kids when they talk. Talk to everyone as though they were your equal (spoiler alert: they are). Know the waiter's name. Get mad about inequality and cruelty. Buy from those annoying school fundraisers/scouts/child-run lemonade stands. Help a stranger if you are able to. Tip well. Support struggling artists. Just be a decent person.

2.  Be into me. Pay me sincere, specific compliments. Listen and remember what I say. Know why you love me; don't make me feel like you wonder why anyone would love me as much as I wonder.  Choose me. Be happy with me and for me. Be proud of me. If I'm passionate about something and you don't get it, still be happy that I'm happy and make an effort to at least understand. 

3. Be hilarious. I love funny people. I love laughing more than anything; I'll choose a funny movie over a drama every time. A person who is sharp and witty and clever is the best conversationalist. Movie references, self-deprecating humor, giving animals funny voices, sarcasm, puns, silliness, changing the lyrics to songs to make them funny - all of it is gold. Inside jokes are the BEST. 

4. Be smart and curious. I'm no Stephen Hawking but I love to learn and I read a lot and research things. I watch documentaries and science programs.  I will not suffer a fool. I feel like appreciating the arts falls under this category too. 

5. Have an accent/speak a foreign language. This last one is shallow, I know. But accents are hot. Being bilingual is hot. So hot. 

2 comments: