Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Day 9 - 30 Day Writing Challenge

Day 9 - Post words of wisdom that speak to you



Good gravy, people. There are so many! I've read several books that have been incredibly influential in my growth and I like to read blogs written by people who are figuring out their lives at a faster pace than most. I am trying to always be in a position to receive wisdom so I don't lose hope or start doubting the journey.

I guess the bit of advice that's been most valuable to me has been that the energy you put out into the world is the energy that you get back. So if you are focusing on being broke and your crappy job and your low self-esteem, if you are focusing on fear and being stuck in a rut, whatever your are focusing on, you are inviting into your life.

Don't get me wrong, "into every life a little rain must fall" and some people get hurricanes despite their energy. I know, life is not for wimps. BUT - when I stopped being afraid of not having control and let my life unfold without judgement, it was easier to keep a clear head to make better decisions. I no longer felt like a victim of circumstance. When I started feeling more positive about myself and my abilities, I felt more powerful. I'm braver and more fulfilled now and it all comes down to the energy and thoughts that I generate.

Activity can work against depression. Letting go of control can release fear. Treating yourself well can lead to others treating you well. Any forward motion, even baby steps, can gather momentum. Gratitude opens you up to more blessings.

I see it and I see the truth of it. I've seen it work for me. It's not always easy to remember but I am making a conscious effort to stay positive and grateful and excited about what's next.

By the way, one of the best books for this attitude is You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Star Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero

No comments:

Post a Comment